At RAK Porcelain Europe SA (hereinafter separately referred to as “RAK Porcelain”) your privacy is of the utmost importance to us and we understand how important it is to you.
RAK Porcelain therefore makes every effort to ensure that you can use the services offered by our commercial site in confidence, particularly by processing your data in a transparent manner, in strict compliance with applicable personal data protection laws and regulations and according to your own preferences.
Our Privacy Protection Principles
As your privacy is important to us, we always process your data in accordance with the following principles:
- We will only use your personal data in a fair and trustworthy manner.
- You have the right to be clearly informed about the way in which we use your personal data. We will always be transparent with you about the data that we collect and how we use them.
- If you have any concerns about the way in which we use your personal data, we will be happy to assist you in understanding our methods.
- We will take all reasonable measures to protect your information against misuse and keep it safe.
- We comply with all regulations in force on the protection of personal data and cooperate with the National Data Protection Commission of Luxembourg (NCDP).
Collection and use of your data
Personal data are data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify or contact a person.
Whenever you browse our website, create an account to access one of our services, or contact us via a form or by email, we collect your personal information in order to provide you with the requested services or respond to your requests. Unless the information is needed for the fulfilment of a contract between you and us or a legal obligation, you are not required to provide us with the personal information that we request, and we undertake to collect only the data that are strictly necessary to process your request or provide you with the requested service.
If you would like us to stop processing your data, you may withdraw your consent at any time and without any significant inconvenience by contacting the data controller or data protection officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who looks after your data?
As the data controller in charge of the processing of your information, we are responsible for the enforcement of your rights to privacy and, as such, we look after your data.
In order to manage your queries and requests more efficiently, we have designated personnel who are charged with protecting your data. For any information regarding your personal data or if you have any questions about how we process such data, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by post at:
RAK Porcelain Europe SA
Protection des Données
440 Z.A.E. Wolser F
What personal information do we collect?
- When you browse our website, we may collect your electronic identification data (IP address, geographic location, operating system, etc.), regarding your behaviour, your search history and your preferences, in order to provide a better experience on our website, particularly during your next visit.
- When you create an account, we may collect other information, such as your name, phone number, postal and email address, as well as your user name and password, your preferences and data about your browsing or preference history that you produce when interacting with our site.
- When you contact us via email or via an online form, we collect your surname, given name, email address, as well as any information that you decide to send to us in your communication.
- Any other personal information that you share with us.
How do we use your personal data?
- The personal information that we collect enables us to provide useful information and dedicated services, such as home delivery of our products, estimates, complaint management, as well as any other information or service you may require.
- Additionally, if you create a user account, the information collected will allow us to create and manage your profile, your preferences and recommendations, and your history in order to improve the quality of our website.
- With your explicit agreement, we may send you a newsletter containing information about the company, its activities, specific events, or commercial offers which you may benefit from.
Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, executives, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In the context of any ongoing or future judicial procedure;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to other parties for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk mitigation);
- To the buyer (or potential buyer) of any business or asset in our possession that we wish to sell (or are considering selling); and
- To any individual that we reasonably believe is an integral part of a court or other authority that has jurisdiction over the disclosure of this personal information, if, in our opinion, such a court or such an authority would be likely to request the disclosure of such personal information.
Unless otherwise provided in this policy, we will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have explicitly given your consent.
Transfer outside of the European Union
We do not transfer any of your personal information to servers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or to a country that is not subject to the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission. We use subcontractors who undertake to keep your data within the territory of the EEA, or we ensure that the processing activities are covered by a decision of the European Commission concerning issues of privacy, particularly in the following case.
In any event, if the transfer is made to a third country or an international organisation not covered by an adequacy decision adopted by the European Commission, you will be informed before any processing of the data occurs in order to be able to exercise your right of opposition.
Protection of your data
We undertake to use all reasonable means to protect your personal information at all times. If necessary, our online services protect your personal data in transit by means of an encryption protocol such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). Once your personal data have been stored, we use computer systems with limited access hosted by facilities that apply physical security measures. If necessary, the data will be stored in an encrypted format, including when we use third-party storage.
In order to implement our services, our organisation works with other specialised companies, such as an email provider or a cloud technology supplier, for example. Third parties are selected following a comprehensive selection process. In this selection process, each service provider is carefully selected according to its technical and organisational skills in the field of data protection. A contract to process personal data will only be executed if it complies with the identified security requirements, including national and European regulation requirements.
If you create a user account through our online shop, for security reasons, we recommend that you use a strong password to protect your personal data and always keep your password secret. By a strong password, we mean one with at least 8 characters, including a combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers and special characters. Your password must also be changed periodically (we recommend that you do this every 6 months).
Personal data integrity and retention
We take measures to ensure that it is easy for you to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date. We do not retain them for longer than necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested, or if we have detected that you have been inactive for a 2-year period, unless it is necessary to retain them for legitimate legal reasons.
To protect this information from accidental or unlawful destruction, when we remove it from our services, the remaining copies may not be immediately deleted from our servers or backup systems. Complete destruction will occur after a full backup cycle.
Our commitment to protect your privacy
Access to your personal data is restricted in order to avoid any unauthorised access, alteration or misuse, and is only provided to those of our employees or partners who require them for the performance of their duties and under a confidentiality agreement.
Specific use of your data
Cookies and related technology
Our website uses technology such as “cookies” and other web tools to help us improve your experience and our services. This technology allows us to better understand users’ behaviour and tells us which of our website pages are the most visited and what features are appreciated by our users. If this technology is only implemented on an optional basis, we will request your consent for such purpose. Even if some of the technology we use is necessary to ensure communication or provide you with our primary services and, as such, does not explicitly require your consent, we will still inform you of its use.
Most browsers are configured to accept cookies automatically. In most cases, you can prevent the storage of cookies on your hard disk by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. You can also configure your browser to request authorisation before storing cookies. Finally, you can delete the previously described cookies at any time. However, if you set your privacy settings as indicated above, you may not be able to fully use all of our website functions.
Our website uses Google Analytics. This service allows us to analyse Google Inc. (“Google”) website traffic and to improve our presence on the Internet. Information collected using a cookie (IP address, access time, duration of access) is transmitted to Google’s servers in the United States and is securely stored there and remains confidential. We receive evaluations of activities on our website in the form of reports or view them on a protected site. Google can transmit the information collected to third parties, if so required by law or if the third parties process the data on behalf of Google. However, in order to avoid any possible direct personal relationship between Google and you, we use the “anonymous” function. Thus, IP addresses are not processed in full and it is not possible to locate or to acquire an individual’s profile by cross-checking. By using our website, you consent to the processing of your data collected by Google as defined above.
There are certain browser extensions that allow you to disable and to monitor Google Analytics tracking.
Our site also uses Facebook’s Custom Audiences.
This tool allows us to measure, optimise and create audiences within the context of our advertising campaigns.
Facebook thus collects the personal data of users of our site and processes them in accordance with the Facebook Data Policy. The data collected are related in particular to site interactions and the user’s device (IP address, access date and time, browser type etc.).
Such data can be used to display to visitors of the site content or advertisements related to their areas of interest when consulting certain information on websites or according to their interactions with the content of such sites.
User information is processed by Facebook in the United States where it is certified that Facebook complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection laws.
RAK Porcelain requests that users of its website address Facebook directly in order to exercise their rights as individuals concerned about the processing of their data by Facebook.
Marketing and advertising
In addition to providing our services, we also use your personal information to communicate with you about our offers or sales and to recommend other services that may be of interest to you. In particular, these offers contain references to new online offers and information in keeping with the purposes of current data processing activities.
If you do not wish to receive more information or newsletters from us by email, you can opt out at any time by contacting us or by using the link provided in each of our emails or newsletters.
Your questions and your right to privacy
You have the right to:
- Receive a structured copy of your personal data that we process.
- Ask us to correct, update or delete your personal data from our records.
- Report any misuse of your personal data to us.
- Completely or partially withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data.
All of these rights can be exercised by simply emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly specifying the nature of your request so that we can respond in a timely manner.
Your questions concerning your rights
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy statement or the processing of data, or if you feel that your personal data have not been processed in accordance with the law, please contact us at email@example.com. If your question is more substantial in nature, we may ask you to provide more information. If you are not satisfied with the response received, you can file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission of Luxembourg (NDPC) (www.cnpd.lu or firstname.lastname@example.org). We may modify this privacy statement by publishing an updated version of these rules on our website. We will give you reasonable notice of any significant change.